precious hand prints,
forming the shape of a heart!
A little project I created for Princess #2's class...
a gift for Mother's Day!
so sweet and simple, I thought I would share...
I used a canvas panel, paints, a strip of natural linen material & not shown- acrylic sealer
1. paint entire canvas background color, I chose a Spa Blue
2. I created a "frame" by rubbing a brown antiquing medium around the edges
3. to soften the brown edges, I then dry-brushed a bit of Oyster White around the edges
4. I then poured the Barn Red paint on a paper plate, dipped each child's hands in
and placed them gently on the canvas to form the shape of the heart
(after the hand prints dried, I did spray the entire canvas with an acrylic sealer)
5. I used a strip of natural linen, cut to desired length,
hot-glued to the back of the canvas,
then tied in a bow, (leaving a little room to use for hanging)
6. or to place on a stand...and enjoy!
Truly a treasure...
created from precious little hands!
and now I'm off to add the bows to the rest of the classes "hearts"...
so on Sunday they will be able to "hand their hearts to Mom!"
Have a happy day!
love & blessings!